Decision of General Assembly
EXECUTIVE DECISIONS TAKEN AT EAFAE MEETING IN MACAU 2008
- To establish a Honorary Presidential Committee as an advisory to EAFAE°¶s executive committee.
- To classify all members of EAFAE into a °•4 + 1°¶ group; namely: Korean, Japanese, Singaporean, and Chinese speakers, plus honorary members.
- Chinese speaker group would include members from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Future president of EAFAE will be rotated among the 4 constitutional groups of Korean, Japanese, Singaporean, and Chinese speakers. The honorary members group will not hold position and will have no voting right.
- Each group will be represented by a Vice-President in that country/ region.There will be a newly created position of Assistant Secretary-General for each country / region to assist the Vice- President.
- Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau (belonging to the Chinese speaking Group) will each have its own Vice-President and Assistant Secretary-General.
- To introduce and recommend members in urbanized cities of Mainland China, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Brunei to EAFAE.
- To participate in the Asia Preparatory Conference for CONFITEA VI to be held in Korea in late Sept. 2008
- To become a member of ICAE in Asia.
- To maintain good working relationship with ASPBAE.
- To seek opportunities to support related adult education activities in developing countries around EAFAE groups.
- To participate in the CONFINTEA VI to be held in Brazil in May 2009.
- To hold the 9th EAFAE General Assembly in 2009 to in Singapore.
- To implement the second stage of EAFAE°¶s strategic thrust of exchanging information and networking amongst members and friends.
- To encourage more co-operation and outreach from EAFAE members.